Roast Turkey on the Grill
Using indirect setup on your Crown Verity BBQ, you can roast a deliciously juicy turkey worthy of your Thanksgiving feast. Happy Thanksgiving!
Fresh 10 - 12 pound turkey
Fresh ground pepper
1/4 cup melted butter
2 fresh sprigs of thyme
2 peeled carrots cut in half
2 peeled onions cut in half
2 celery stalks
Large roasting pan
Heavy duty tinfoil
1. Prepare Crown Verity grill for indirect cook (medium heat, 325 degrees).
2. Rinse turkey and pat dry.
3. Brush turkey with a 1/4 cup of melted butter.
4. Season turkey inside and out with salt and pepper.
5. Lay carrots, onion and celery on the bottom of the roasting pan.
6. Tuck the turkey wings in and lay breast side up on the vegetables.
7. Cover the turkey with heavy duty foil and roast at 325 degrees for approximately 3 1/2 hours until the internal thigh temperature is 180 degrees.
8. Remove foil in the last hour of cooking and baste as necessary with drippings for golden brown skin.
9. Remove cooked turkey from roasting pan and tent with foil on carving board 15 minutes before carving. Reserve turkey drippings for gravy if desired.
1. Indirect Setup
Indirect grilling is a barbecue cooking technique in which the food is placed to the side of the heat source instead of directly over the burner with the barbecue lid closed.
2. Smoking Options
Wrap wood chips in tinfoil, poke foil pack several times with a fork. Add package to the direct head side of the barbecue.
Recipe adapted from crownverity.com.